MOUNT VICTORIA MUSEUM
UPPER BLUE MOUNTAINS & DISTRICT HISTORY MUSEUM
Location: 35A Station Street, Mt Victoria NSW 2786, Australia. The Museum is housed in 16 rooms including the old Refreshment Rooms at the rear of Mt Victoria Railway Station.
A diverse collection with exhibits on two floors in the heritage listed sandstone building, circa 1884.
Opening Hours: weekends, public & school holidays from 12 noon to 3pm. Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Annual General Meeting of MV&DHS will be held at 2pm on the 22nd September, St Peter’s Anglican Church, Great Western Highway
150th Anniversary of Railway in Mt Victoria Exhibition Opening
The Mount Victoria and District Historical Society will celebrate 150 years of railway to the village by holding an exhibition commencing on the first Saturday in May 2018. This commemorates the Governor’s arrival by train on 1 May 1868 to declare the line open. Trish Doyle MP has agreed to open the exhibition at 11.00am. Refreshments will be provided. The exhibition takes the form of a photographic and other media display (giant Train Drivers Union Banner) relating to the railway with text describing the impact over the years of the railway to the village of One Tree Hill as Mount Victoria was originally known. Various other attractions will be staged such as shingle splitting on site and a poetry recital relating to trains.
The exhibition will be on display until January 2019. Normal opening hours 12-3pm Saturdays and Sunday. Open every day school and public holidays.
****Please note buses replace trains on Saturday. Best parking is Patrick St via Harley Avenue. Cross railway footbridge then down stairs to the Museum.
The museum is open every day of the school holidays from 12 to 3 pm.
Guided groups, coach parties and educational visits can be accommodated at other times by contacting the President or Publicity Officer (see contacts page).
Admission: Adults $5, Children $1. Donations welcome.
Access: Level access from car park and railway platform; suitable for wheelchairs. Wheelchair access to the ground floor only. The main entrance is at the rear of the building behind the station platform.
Watch a thirty second video of exhibits:
Check our Facebook page for up-to-date info.